Friday, November 23, 2007

Progress


The second floor tom arrived this week and I went right to work on cutting it down and getting it joined up with the other tom to make the bass tom.





Here it is all cut up. The larger piece on the right is the part that will be put together with the one in the picture above. The small ring on top is the sleeve I'll put inside at the seam to help hold them together. I'm saving the one on the left to make into a Bodhran later.




I cut a small piece out of the sleeve so it will fit inside both shells.







And here are both shells joined, glued, all the unneeded holes plugged. I also drilled them for the lugs and test fitted them. Tonight I painted the inside of the shells gray to go with the snakeskin tolex I'm using to cover them. I have some on order to cover the bass tom. I'm planning on getting the toms covered tomorrow. I'll post pics tomorrow night.

No comments: